Options

Question about ship Andorhina

We are scheduled to stay in room 301 aboard the Andorhina cruising the Douro River. It is located on the same deck as the lounge and right next to the elevator. I am wondering if anyone has stayed there and, if so, how noisy it is. I’m a very light sleeper and a little worried about getting awakened often in that location. Thanks!

Comments

• Options

We have not stayed in room 301, but traveling companions have and they reported no issues with elevator noise. For that matter, we rarely see anyone other than my husband using the elevators on any of the riverboats. Our friends did hear noise one evening emanating from the lounge due to a dance party.

The Andorinha is a beautiful ship and the tour is equally beautiful. Enjoy.

• Options

Generally things quiet down by 10pm on most river cruises. On the Douro there is no night time cruising allowed on the river so no noise from that. The bedroom area on those cabins has some separation from hallway noise because of where the closet and bathroom are placed. One advantage of that ship over other Tauck river cruise ships is there is a section of cabinets providing a bit of buffer between the lounge/reception area and the cabins. I wouldn't worry about it but you could always pack ear plugs if worried.

• Options

We stayed in cabin 302 and never had noise problems. Our friends were in cabin 301 and never heard the elevators. As others have mentioned, the evenings are usually quiet by 10:00.

• Options

Thank you! Very reassuring!

• Options

Another question about this ship. Where does it dock in Porto? How do you get back to the ship if you stay in Porto after the included tours?

Thank you.

• Options

We docked at Vila Nova de Gaia which is across the river from the city. Sorry, we all returned to the ship after the tours and a drink at a local restaurant. Lunch on the ship followed by a port tasting so no time for touring on our own.

• Options

Kathy M - I don't remember specifically where we were docked (can vary due to circumstances beyond Tauck's control), but the bus took us back to the ship after our 'land, sea, air' excursion. You can always stay behind after any excursion - time permitting - but you would have to make your own arrangements and make sure the tour director is aware. If you are in the market for high-end cork products, Porto would be the place to purchase them in my opinion.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file