Which camera

Wondering what camera will be best for the Classic Italy trip?

Comments

• You might get a few more responses if you repost your question in the Classic Italy forum rather here in the Tanzania forum. It's difficult to respond without knowing what you have in your current kit and what your photography objective may be when you are in Italy. My wife and I were on the Classic Italy tour last May, it was great by the way, and I brought a Canon 6D, my 17-40, 24-105, and a 70-200 f/4 IS lens. I have an interest in night and low light photography so I brought my travel tripod as well. All my lenses are f/4 and I found them more than adequate for all my indoor shots. If you have a kit that includes faster f/2.8 lenses I would bring them. The days I didn't think I was going to use the 70-200 I left it in the hotel safe to reduce a bit of weight in my bag. I didn't use a backpack for this trip but used my shoulder bag to help reduce the chance of theft.
  • At the recommendation of a traveler on this site, before I went on Kenya & Tanzania, I purchased a Tamron 16 - 300mm lens for my Canon. Now it is the only lens I take and have used it on Classic Italy, Best of Ireland, and Peru & Galapagos. With its wide range and f3.5 speed it does all I need and is much easier and lighter than a bag full of lenses.