Options

Tanzania: Serengeti to Zanzibar June 29,2012

My husband and myself are leaving on the 27th of June (two days early). We are interesting in conversing with anyone else going on June 29th. We would like to share ideas of items to take, and any other information that arises.

Comments

• Options
    It's great that you are going two days early. It makes a difference. :) I just posted some info about our trip that may be useful to you. Have a wonderful time!

Josie :)
  • Options
    My friend and I are going to be on this tour. We are leaving on the 28th and will arrive a day early. We have added a today excursion in Amsterdam at the of the trip.
  • Options
    Josephine wrote:
    It's great that you are going two days early. It makes a difference. :) I just posted some info about our trip that may be useful to you. Have a wonderful time!

Josie :)
    I'm new to the site and don't see where your posts are. Also I'm curious about the yellow fever vaccine. I'm going to a travel clinic in a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    Fromack wrote:
    I'm new to the site and don't see where your posts are. Also I'm curious about the yellow fever vaccine. I'm going to a travel clinic in a couple of weeks.

Hi Fromack,

I took up the challenge to find Josie's posts! Phew, I realise why you gave up. So here they are. You will need to follow these threads through the forum.
    Africa/Kenya & Tanzania/
    then, towards the bottom of the page (as it stands now) you will see:
    June 4th safari ask away
    Best season to go
    Elevation in Tanzania
    Luggage for the Tanzania to Zanzibar tour
    Then........... when you open each of these threads, you will find Josie's posts towards the end of each conversation.

Happy hunting! Happy travels!
  • Options
    To Fromack: In response to your question about the yellow fever vaccine, my husband and I had our shots about a month ago. I'm happy to report that we had no side effects; not even sore arms. We are doing the Kenya & Tanzania Classic Safari in May. Also, our doctor recommended Hepatitis A shots. And he gave us prescriptions for Malarone (malaria pills) and Cipro (antibiotics, just in case they are needed).
  • Options
    When in May?? Are you in Florida?
  • Options
    My husband and I are also going on the trip that starts June 30,2012. We are arriving one day early on June 29, flying in from Amsterdam (from North Carolina). This is our third trip to subSaharan Africa.
    Have you bought any good books yet?
  • Options
    I'm reading West With The Night and enjoying it thoroughly. After reading earlier posts I decided to fly in a day early, and I plan to head to Arusha National Park that first day to get a first taste of what's to come. I'll be flying from Boston and can't wait.
  • Options
    Fromack - We are flying through Boston from North Carolina. Our flight leaves Boston at 4:55 p.m. on June 28. Maybe we'll see you on that flight. I read West with the Night several years ago. Sounds like its worth a re-read.
  • Options
    Marilyn - I'm on that same flight out of Boston. I've finished Beryl Markham's book and have moved on to Out of Africa. I have The Tree Where Man Was Born to read next and have read some Hemingway but didn't enjoy all the hunting scenes. Have you any recommendations? I have traveled a number of places but never Africa. I'm very excited. There are two more of our group who will be on the Amsterdam to Arusha leg of the trip.
This discussion has been closed.