Electrical Outlets on Ship

Can someone who has taken this trip let me know what kind of electrical outlets are in the staterooms on the ship L'Austral. If adaptors are required what kind...same as needed for Japan? Thanks!

Comments

• Glo wrote:
    Can someone who has taken this trip let me know what kind of electrical outlets are in the staterooms on the ship L'Austral. If adaptors are required what kind...same as needed for Japan? Thanks!

I haven't been on the L'Austral but the info on the ship on tauck's website says:

"Stateroom Amenities: Individually controlled air conditioning; closet; flat screen satellite TV; video on demand; satellite direct-line telephone; iPod player; 110/220 volt outlets; electronic safe; minibar; alarm clock; WiFi internet access"

Since the US is one of the few countries with 110 volt outlets, I assume the ship has US or multi-style 110v outlets. You might want to get a small power strip like shown in this recent thread, in case there are only a few in the staterooms.
  • All of the outlets on this and every other ship I've been on are a mix of US standard and European standard (i.e., two round pins). But never enough so, as Alan points out, check the thread under India for multi-outlet extension cords or the neat little block I found. Only if you have stays off of the ship need you be concerned about what is used locally (like Japan).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file