Make up mirror

Does the cabin have a magnifying mirror?

Comments

• The newer Tauck ships or those with redesigned staterooms have nice lighted mirrors/storage cabinets and a small magnifying one that clips on to a shelf in the cabinet. Its about 4" across and can be moved around. If I know what ship and stateroom category you're in I can answer you better.
  • On the three Tauck river cruises I’ve taken, there are the small mirrors that Claudia refers to, or another version that may be larger. But, just be aware they are not the 10x or 15x magnification similar to what I use at home. They may be 5x or so, which is not enough at least for me. I travel everywhere with a 4” or 6” size 10x mirror with suction cups on back that easily adhere to the bathroom mirror. Otherwise I’d be unable to see anything! They are available in many drug stores and online. Hope that helps.
  • I agree with you Linda that the ones in the bathroom are pretty lame. I also take my own. It used to be a small one from Bed Bath Beyond that was 10x on one side, regular on the other and had a fold flat stand. Now I have a slightly larger lighted travel mirror that I can set up wherever I want but folds up compactly. The advantage is I can position it where I've got strong daylight or sit at a desk to do my makeup while my husband has the bathroom.

FYI, we've also done 3 river cruises. Haven't gotten to the Danube yet.
  • Thanks all.
    Claudia I will be on MS Treasures category 4
    Thanks
  • Then the bathroom should have the new mirrors since that whole deck got a major redo even though the Cat 4 cabins didn't change in size like the rest of the staterooms on that deck. I'd still recommend bringing your own portable one if possible. The bathroom is fairly small - no way for 2 people to be in there at the same time unless one is in the shower.

We had the same stateroom on the Inspire a few years ago. Great size and layout. If you're a light sleeper bring earplugs. You get a bit of lobby noise. Otherwise it's very convenient since it's close to everything - lobby, restaurant, lounge, etc.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file