Suggested Reading to Prepare for Trip ??

I have reservations for the eastbound Budapest to Black Sea cruise for May 2019. Are there any suggested readings about the area to prepare me for my adventure? I am not familiar with the history of the area and am not sure where to start.

Comments

• The website used to have a link to a list specific to each tour but that company went out of business. Here are a few suggestions.

Buy or borrow from your library Rick Steves Eastern Europe Guide. His guides usually list books and movies relevant to an area.

Another good guide series is the DK Eyewitness travel guides. They can be a bit heavy to carry with you, but have a ton of useful information ahead of time - history, color photos, maps, culture, etc.

Go to Amazon (or your local library's website) and do a search on the countries/areas you'll be visiting. I always find the comments section of Amazon useful to help me pick out books that are relevant. Am I looking for info on tourist sights, history, art, etc.

Finally, don't worry about what you don't know ahead of time. I'm a reader and planner, but have often found that the surprises on tours were the most interesting. Tauck tour directors and guides do a great job helping you to learn and appreciate an area.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file