Options

Cabin Outlets

Is there any need for a currency convertor or adapters while on board?
Is there a need for the same at the hotels Tauck arranges both before and after the cruise in Budapest and Prague?

Comments

• Options
    I assume you are talking about a river cruise...

If so, the staterooms on board will have both US style and European outlets. Some of the ships/staterooms also now have USB charging ports.

For hotels, it can be a mixed bag depending on which one you're staying at. Most that I've been to with Tauck on the continent have only had European outlets. Some UK and Irish have had US and/or USBs. Some hotel's websites will list amenities like that in their room descriptions.

For dual voltage items - cell phones, tablets, laptops, ereaders - I recommend you bring a European adapter. That will cover you for any hotels that don't have US or USB. Also it makes it more convenient so you can use whatever is available -especially if you're trying to charge more than one item at a time.

Converters are only needed if the item isn't dual voltage. For most people that's a hairdryer (not needed since the ship and hotels always provide) or other hair appliances (which is a whole other conversation).

Some of this info can be found on the Before You Go page for your tour.