French Escapade, Southbound

in late August we will be taking the French Escapade Southbound, Paris to Monte Carlo. What would travelers who have been to Paris many times recommend for us to do during our free time in Paris. We have a very limited time in Paris and will be seeing most of the famous landmarks on our city bus tour. We live in a resort town and we know that some of the best places to see are the places that are not widely advertised as they don’t have to be.
Would appreciate any help.

Comments

• Hi My husband and I are booked on the August 27th Paris to Monte-Carlo, are you on that same trip?
    Ronda

• There is so much to see and do in Paris that you really need to narrow your focus - art, churches, architecture, etc. Highly recommend purchasing Rick Steve's pocket Paris guide. He does a good job of focusing on the highlights, giving self guided walking tours, maps, info on public transport, etc. Worth every penny.

• We will be on an earlier trip. We have extra day at Tauck hotel and booked 2 additional days at a hotel we used in the past. $500 a day less expensive. Our travel agent tells us Tauck will transport us to our hotel but we will need our own cab toget to Tauck hotel. The hotel we booked is acceptable not a high star hotel but we will not spend much time there.

• One place that I found interesting - because it was different - was the Catacombs of Paris - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catacombs_of_Paris

Not something to do multiple times, but very interesting for one visit.

• If you like Monet, you might try visiting the Marmottan Museum. It is a bit off the beaten path and it was not crowded when we last visited a few years ago. It was originally a hunting lodge.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file