A Week in Spain - June 16, 2019

My husband and I are looking forward to our first trip to Spain in just 11 days. We are going a day early and would love suggestions about what we should see in Barcelona on our own before the tour begins. We would also be interested in what we should plan to do during " on our own" time in Barcelona. We have booked a Devour Barcelona tour for our first evening - "Tapas, Wine, and History."

This is our second Tauck tour - we did an Italian trip last year - can't wait for this one!

Comments

• Hello, Lenore. We did this tour in early May of this year. We were very tired in Barcelona, even though we arrived a day early. I think your idea of the Devour Barcelona tour is a great idea. The other suggestions I have are: the Picasso Museum, Palau Guell and Park Guell (both by Gaudi). Montserrat is a day trip, so you won't be able to do that if you have the other tour booked. There's also a beach town nearby that is supposed to be very nice. Ask your your director. She can tell you about it! I hope you enjoy your trip! Also, if you want to see more of the Sagrada Familia, you can go back later. You can ask if your ticket will still be valid. On our your, we didn't stay long at the Sagrada.

• Hi again. I meant to say a word about free time in other cities. There is very little free time in Granada. There is a street with shops to the right and downhill as you exit the Alhambra Palace Hotel. You will probably have to see that soon after you arrive before the included dinner. Madrid has very little free time also. Some people on our tour planned ahead and were able to do things because they were prepared or had reservations somewhere. I would say that the key is to plan early. You will have some time in Seville to do other things. It is a beautiful city. Your your guide will pass out a list of suggestions for other activities to try in your free time.

• Thinking of taking my 10 year old granddaughter on this trip. We have gone on the Bridges River Cruise and that was most enjoyable. Is this too mature a venue for a child aged 10? Thank you.

• I’ve taken many tours with Tauck and never seen a child on one except two teenages on one of the Africa tours. I’ve been to Spain though not with Tauck. One consideration is how late you eat dinner in Spain, a time when even a ten year old ought to be in bed. Personally I would never consider taking a ten year old on what is really supposed to be an adult tour. Have you spoken to Tauck to see what they advise?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file