Options

Waiver of Liability

I have signed up for a trip to Panama and one of the documents sent to me by Tauck is a waiver of liability and indemnification agreement. I am concerne that the waiver they want me to sign releases them for al claims and liabilities due to any cause including negligence of Activity providers including Tauck. Has anyone signed this waiver. I can understand assuming inherent risks and dangers but I am flummoxed as why anyone would hold someone harmless for injuries due to negligence . Anyone else concerned about this?

Comments

• Options

It seems to be Standard Operating Procedure. In our experience it has been a mixed bag where sometimes the waivers are collected and sometimes not.

• Options

My experience is that when something goes wrong they claim it’s not under their control, thus not their responsibility.

• Options

I have taken this tour, you basically have to sign it to do the activities. The ship is owned by Ponant not Tauck so I guess it is their rules. Have had to sign waivers on regular Tauck tours. I don’t remember having to sign waivers with them in the past but it’s pretty standard these days with pretty much any travel company. We always take the insurance but to be honest I leave reading insurance up to Mr. B so I am not sure whether this would help cover if anything happened.