trip cancelled 3 rd day

My wife and I went on this trip starting March 13 Cruisin Down Under
We departed March 10
before we left, we checked with Tauck and travel sites to determine if the trip was still on, if any locations or venues were closed or effected by travel restrictions
There were none at the time
Once in Melbourne, the tour preceded as planned, but on March 15, Tauck cancelled the trip in light that New Zealand instituted a 14 quarantine.
I could not reach Air New Zealand to determine if I could make a change to my April 2 scheduled flight, so I booked a separate flight just to get home.
Tauck said they will refund the unused portion of the trip. I do not know what the actual status is. Tauck is swamped with inquires right now.
Also I had made a separate hotel reservation to remain in Auckland after the tour. And has cancelled my non-refundable reservation with a full refund. So that's good.
I have not been able to reach my flight agent, flighthub, to determine the status of my unused return flight. They say to contact them within 72 hours of scheduled flight time.
I will also file an insurance claim once I determine my costs and losses. I certainly wish that I had cancelled the tour before we left the USA, but hindsight is 20/20.
I am scheduled to go to Ireland in July. Not sure what the status is of this trip. Will wait and see as the time gets closer.


  • sorry your trip was cancelled (not even mid-stream). Such a long way to travel just to turn right back around. Tauck was working with the best information available at the time. That really sucks!

Sign In or Register to comment.