Options

Travel through Germany now allowed without Covid test if vaccinated.

I noticed that Germany is now allowing travelers into and through Germany and not requiring the Covid test if they have been vaccinated and have the certificate. Previously Germany had the almost impossible to accomplish 48 hour rule where both a PCR and Antigen test were required no more than 48 hours before arrival. I am curious if the CDC certificate we were given when vaccinated will be accepted as proof.

Most of the other European countries are still requiring a Covid test regardless of vaccination status.

It’s all probably a moot point right now since most places are still in a Level 4 travel advisory Do Not Travel.

Comments

• Options

I see that many European countries are opening up or soon will be. Perhaps people are deciding they do not want to live 'in fear', despite the 'copious amounts of evidence' stating otherwise. I just hope our trip to the Holy Land in Oct. happens.

• Options
    edited May 2021

Like JohnS, if our tour of Scandinavia had gone ahead, we would have had to cancel because Tauck re routed our flights thru Germany and we would not have been able to get the testing taken within that 48 hours.
    Wildcat, which Holy Land tour are you referring to? If it is Israel and Jordan, I wonder if flights will be open to Israel by then.

• Options

British, yes Israel/Jordan. The fighting has come to a halt 4 the moment. Israel had 4 the most part opened up to travel and tourist before the fighting started.Will pray that it does not start up again for all concerned.

• Options

Wildcat, we had friends who were leaving for Israel about two days after the fighting started. The guy’s parents love there. They had to prove that their visit was for an allowed legitimately reason….have relatives there or certain business. There was a lot of papers involved. Of course they could not go because flights were canceled….so not really opened up for the likes of you or Me