Options

A Grand Rail..Wavering Hopes

Anyone else watching Sept/Oct departures? June 22nd update initially green lighted A Grand Rail, but today I see it's no longer on list. Austria is open, but guessing rail portion remains a question mark. Don't dust off your bags just yet!

Comments

• Options

The EU leaving it up to each country to set criteria I'm afraid is going to result in most of Taucks tours or cruises that involve multiple countries to be canceled for 2021. I'm sorry for those hoping to go this year.

• Options

I hear you, Claudia. I am having trouble pinpointing Liechtenstein's reopening, but Italy/Switzerland/Austria will all be open to vaccinated Americans this month. From the Golden Eagle rail site, it kind of looks like Christmas trips are next scheduled. A bit murky. All we can do is sit tight.

• Options

There looks like lots of openings for the Swiss Crown Jewels tour. At least it's only 1 country to figure out (plus airport transit).

• Options

Took that some years ago. recommend it, though was not my fav TD.

• Options

I was researching 2022 trips and have added this tour to my list of possibilities. When I scrolled down to the "From the Forum" section, I saw MarketArt's 25 Jun post. There are tours available in Sep and Oct this year. You can now dust off those bags, MarketArt!

Although I am disappointed that small group tours are not offered, the rail journey really spikes my interest. I think I just might sign up for next year. If anyone reading this takes this excursion this year, please post a review. Thanks.

• Options

Yes, seats available for Sept & Oct. A year+ w/o travel has shifted my priorities, so returning to my Bucket List rather than revisiting places I've been to several times. Milan was one of my stopovers in ancient days when airlines had 23h59m rule, if anyone remembers that. I'll check out Grand Rail reviews for future. It's a chunk of change to spend given current uncertainties.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file