New Orleans 10/5

I just received my pre-departure documents for this trip. I assume these documents are computer generated for a specific date. It's hard to believe that tour will happen and we have been anticipating a call from Tauck to re-schedule. The Hotel Monteleone is showing a possible re-opening date of 9/20, subject to change, and the other hotels are closed until further notice.
After three unsuccessful attempts at European travel, we thought a US trip would be a safe alternative. Oh, well! Hopefully in 2022 we can take our Tuscany & Umbria trip.
I hope everyone affected by Ida is doing well and staying safe. If anyone lives in the New Orleans area an update would be appreciated.
Thanks

Comments

  • We are from NOLA but live in Houston area now. Our family refugees from NOLA left this morning heading back.. Most power restored in NOLA as city was not damaged as badly as areas to the west. I suggest you download WWL app or WVUE app to get the latest info.

  • Thanks for the info. If Tauck does decide to cancel we plan on taking an independent trip to San Antonio. Love Texas!

  • smfxterrI live in New Orleans. My power was restored last Thursday and the power in the French Quarter and Central Business District has been restored. When is your trip scheduled to begin? If the hotel isn't open by 9/20 (highly unlikely), Tauck may decide to revise the itinerary and end the tour in N'Awlins. I'm sure they're examining many options. I hope your tour isn't cancelled. I would love for you to experience everything New Orleans has to offer B)
    Cheers--Robin

  • Thank you all for these updates. It was very reassuring. My husband & I will also be on that October 5th tour and we were wondering if we needed to look at alternatives.

Sign In or Register to comment.