Options

old postings of eastern European trip

What happened to all the old posts on the old web page?

Comments

• Options
    Hi Lisa,

We switched to a new software platform for this forum, and unfortunately, we weren't able to save all the old posts from the Ask & Share forums. However, these new forums are much easier to navigate, search, and post to than the old Ask & Share forums, so I'm sure there'll be plenty of postings here soon!

Best,
    Tim
  • Options
    Tim, I wish you were right. It's discouraging that not many Tauck cruisers just don't access the website. I've been hoping some of my fellow cruisers for my May cruise from Budapest to Prague would post but alas not one has done so.
  • Options
    Tim, How about setting up a link to the old forum site for a specified period of time from the new forum site with notifications on both forum sites that the old site will be eliminated on such and such date. This would allow people time to get some of that valuable information on the old forum site. Do not allow any new posts on the old site. Were there any notifications that the old forum site was going to disappear?
  • Options
    That's an excellent point! The continuity is missing and new readers can't get any info on past experiences. May be impossible to program but based upon current usage what have you goy to lose.
  • Options
    Thanks and I do agree this is easier to use!
  • Options
    FYI we are going on the warsaw to prague trip starting april 30. Anyone else on this trip?
  • Options
    Grover wrote:
    Tim, How about setting up a link to the old forum site for a specified period of time from the new forum site with notifications on both forum sites that the old site will be eliminated on such and such date. This would allow people time to get some of that valuable information on the old forum site. Do not allow any new posts on the old site. Were there any notifications that the old forum site was going to disappear?

That's not a bad idea. Let me see what I can do.
  • Options
    Tauck Aaron,

Any progress getting approval to link to the old forum pages for a limited time?

Thanks, Grover
  • Options
    I'm so glad you agree with Grover and Don, Aaron.

I posted a similar plea ... but that was for another geographical area. I'm very glad you have posted somewhere, Aaron! Perhaps we can impress on those computer boffins how important archives really are. And not just for a limited time. I doubt that would allow us, your clients, to download them in case we ever "needed to know". I realise this is only a beta site, but how else are the baby boffins going to know what the clients want?

Perhaps Grover, Don and I can take turns in posting our pleas?

BTW, are there any Tauck people monitoring queries in other threads? I've had an unanswered question up for quite a while.

• Options
    My husband and I are booked for the Eastern European tour departing Oct 1, 2011 from Warsaw. I'd like to communicate with others on our tour....we are so looking forward to this trip and meeting new friends!
  • Options
    Tauck Aaron,

Thanks for making the ask and share available. I am sure many will appreciate it.

• Options
    jdurkin wrote:

I posted a similar plea ... but that was for another geographical area. I'm very glad you have posted somewhere, Aaron! Perhaps we can impress on those computer boffins how important archives really are. And not just for a limited time. I doubt that would allow us, your clients, to download them in case we ever "needed to know". I realise this is only a beta site, but how else are the baby boffins going to know what the clients want?

BTW, are there any Tauck people monitoring queries in other threads? I've had an unanswered question up for quite a while.

You can find the old Ask & Share here: http://www.tauck.com/AskAndShare.aspx
  • Options
    jdurkin wrote:

We're doing our best to try and help people out with their questions and concerns here in the new Travel Forums, but if you want more immediately assistance, I would recommend you send your questions to info@tauck.com

It's our general customer service inquire address.

Hope this helps,
    Aaron

• Options
    Thanks, Aaron. My mistake. I misunderstood the purpose of these new forums. I thought these new forums were monitored by Tauck staff who would answer a specific question. If the real purpose of these new forums is for "Tauckies" to share info between themselves, I will know to direct any future Tauck questions straight to the United States, using my usual email contact.
  • Options
    We are booked for the Oct 15 Warsaw - Prague tour.
    Anyone with information on what to expect for weather at that time of the year?
This discussion has been closed.