Options

Electrical Adapters, Switzerland, and Misc.

edited January 2022 in General

I'd love to know what you all use as your electrical adapters/brand/type? Specifically for Europe and Switzerland. If this topic is considered 'advertising,' I am sorry and I will delete it. We usually buy the European Adapters on the Rick Steves site as they are $1 each -- but our next trip will also include Switzerland, so we need some for Switzerland. Also - I can't remember, do the Tauck River boats have hair dryers AND do we need European Adapters for the boats. I do understand the difference in Electrical Adapters and Voltage Adapters - I'm specifically speaking of adapters. Thanks!!

Comments

• Options

For Switzerland in general the European 2 prong adapters should work just fine. That's all I had for the Crown Jewels tour and never had a problem charging cell phone and ereader. Their 3 prong grounded adapter is a little different. The outlets are generally recessed and have sort of pointed shape like a skinny hexagon.

The ship will have both European and American outlets plus some usb ports. A European adapter will let you have access to more outlets.

And yes they will provide a hair dryer. One thing I do bring is a small mirror on a stand so I can finish doing my makeup while my husband is in the bathroom. They make some nice lighted ones now.