Options

Prague to Budapest June 28

We are arriving in Prague 2 days early and want to take a tour of the Old Jewish Quarter. How comprehensive is the Tauck tour of the Old Jewish Quarter. Also any suggestions for restaurants and things to see before the tour starts.

Comments

• Options
    We will be on the same tour and are also arriving two days early to Prague and had talked about touring the Old Jewish quarter the day after we arrived (on Wednesday). Perhaps we can meet up?
  • Options
    We look forward to meeting you. On Wednesday we just booked a trip to tour Terezin concentration camp and were thinking about the Old Jewish Quarter for Thursday. Terezin tour is 6 hours - the Old Jewish Quarter tour is 3 hours. We are flying out of JFK on Monday June 25th. Where are you coming from?
  • Options
    We live in the Albany area, departing the US from Philadelphia, arriving Prague on Tuesday about 11:30 am. Although we had been thinking of doing the Jewish tour on Wednesday, we would consider going Thursday AM. Do you have specific information on this tour? Can this be booked through the hotel?
  • Options
    We didn't book the tour yet - wanted to see how detailed Tauck's tour of Jewish Quarter was before booking. The tour is given by Wittman tours (I think this is the spelling) and can be booked on line. Tour starts about 10:30 in the morning and lasts approximately 3 hours. Will wait to hear about Tauck's tour and then decide whether to book Wittman tour.
  • Options
    Hi Grammygoes,

I just took a look at the itinerary for your river cruise and agree that you should take the three hour tour of the Jewish Quarter and go to Terezin -- both with a private company. From the details on Tauck's website, I don't think they are covering the Jewish Quarter. We went there when we took Tauck's Eastern Europe land tour years ago. We didn't go to Terezin since our trip started in Poland and we went to Auschwitz. If you want some names of restaurants, go to www.tripadvisor.com and put in Prague. Most people on the boards usually post there, also.

Have a good river cruise.

Sheila
  • Options
    I was told that the Afternoon tour - walking tour of Prague - Includes the Cemetery, but not the synagogue or communist section
  • Options
    Hi June 28 travelers. I am on the June 7 trip from Budapest to Prague(anyone on that trip?), leaving from Philadelphia.
    We end in Prague and we are staying an extra day. My friends put me in touch with a private guide-they loved her-and she is taking us for a 3-4 hours private tour that day.
    If you want, I can put you in touch with her when I return on June 19. I hate to recommend without hiring her myself. She's very reasonable, responsive via email and her English is wonderful.

Sharon
  • Options
    I would appreciate learning more about the private guide / how far in advance she would need to be booked. When I went to the Wittman tours site there appeared to be mixed reviews of the company, although some of the reviews were a couple of years old. Does anyone know if tours can be booked through the hotel upon arrival?
  • Options
    Hi Sharon,
    How was your private tour in Prague? We will be there for 4 days prior to the start of our tour in July and I am looking for someone to take 4 of us around.
    Thanks Gerri
  • Options
    SHARHARR wrote:
    Hi June 28 travelers. I am on the June 7 trip from Budapest to Prague(anyone on that trip?), leaving from Philadelphia.
    We end in Prague and we are staying an extra day. My friends put me in touch with a private guide-they loved her-and she is taking us for a 3-4 hours private tour that day.
    If you want, I can put you in touch with her when I return on June 19. I hate to recommend without hiring her myself. She's very reasonable, responsive via email and her English is wonderful.

Sharon

Sharon, I would appreciate info on the private tour guide you used in Prague. We will be there one day early in July. thanks. donna
This discussion has been closed.