Options

Future Rhine and Moselle tour without The Floriade

We are taking this tour in 2023, and we are wondering what the tour will be doing instead of the Floriade. Did anyone take the tour in 2021 who might remember what they got to see on that day. It mentions Nimigen that day. Just wondering what that day involved in 2021.

Comments

• Options

We were in Amsterdam in August of 2019 (the year before the pandemic) getting ready to take this tour. On day 3 the 2 choices were the Kroller-Muller Museum located in the De Hoge Veluwe National Park. The Kroller-Muller is famous for having the 2nd largest collection in the world of Van Gogh paintings and drawings.
    The other choice is a cycling trip in the De Hoge Veluwe National park.
    Unfortunately I fell walking to the boat in Amsterdam, broke my wrist and had to fly home. We’ve been trying ever since to make this trip and finally in August we are scheduled to go. I’m sure Florida’s will be lovely BUT I’m so disappointed not to be going to Kroller-Muller. I looked into going in another day earlier, but it looked like getting out to the museum was in the “too hard to do” box 😒

• Options

Yes, the Kroller-Muller museum is kind of out in the tullies. We went back in 2015 on a Rhine cruise and it was quite a drive from the ship to the museum. It's in the National park. The museum is excellent -- both the art indoors and the sculpture park outside. Didn't have enough time to see all of both. If you have no interest in art the bike ride is probably nice.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file