Options

Lesser-Known Museums

2»

Comments

• Options

The flagger knows….when you hit the flag button, it gives you an option of report or spam. The flagger knows, host believe me, don’t let them off by giving them an excuse.
    I’ve actually flagged several times this past week. There is a spammer posting messages in the night that I am flagging. Most of you probably don’t get to see them before the required 5 flags make it disappear.

• Options
    edited March 2022

Please let us not detract from all the great comments that have been posted. I do not wish to have a thread I started be marred by discussions about who is disgruntled/disturbed. For many, many months I was flagged every single time I posted a mere "thank you" or "enjoy your trip". I was even told repeatedly that my postings were too "syrupy".

Anyway, thanks again to all who offered comments and suggestions. Stay safe and well.

• Options

Back to the breakfast on riverboats...
    The Andorinha, built specifically for the Douro River, has a different layout for meals. There is no long, oval, two-sided buffet area for any meal. Instead, there is a small area on the public side of the kitchen where cold items and the morning "special" is offered. All other items are available from the menu. If you wish to have porridge you must specifically ask for it. As another forum member reported, the maitre d', Christian, knew all guests' names on day two and would immediately come to our table to tell us that he had already started the porridge! So very gracious.