Options

Waterproof phone cases?

We just got into the 21st century and bought iPhone 11s. We’re booked for Best of Hawaii next month, and I wonder whether anyone recommends buying floating waterproof cases in case we drop our phones while at the pool or beach. If so, recommended brands?

Comments

• Options

From the Web

is the iphone 11 waterproof
    The iPhone 11 is not waterproof, but it does have a water-resistance rating of IP68. According to Apple, that means the iPhone 11 can withstand being submerged in six feet of water for up to 30 minutes, while the iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max can be submerged in 13 feet of water for 30 minutes.

However, the water-resistance of the iPhone 11 will decrease over time from normal wear and tear. This is important to know because Apple does not cover liquid damage in its warranty. So, you might have to buy a new iPhone if it breaks due to water damage.

If your iPhone has been damaged by water, it might be time to upgrade to a newer model. Check out Amazon’s iPhone page to find one that works best for you

I’m not sure why you would have your phones so near water at the pool or beach, but there are plenty of phone holders that you can put your phone in and around your neck. I use one for picture taking photos near water and another bag type when I don’t want to carry a proper handbag. I never put my iPhone in a pocket.

• Options

When we went on the Tauck Hawaii tour, I bought a waterproof case from one of the street stands. Works fine, but you take pictures by clicking a side button and you can't zoom. I only used it for the outrigger ride. It also had a neck strap and that was good - extra safety.

Otherwise, my iPhone was waterproof. If I had to do it over, I'd just get a regular case with a neck strap and depend on the iPhone to be waterproof. You need the neck strap because if the phone goes over the side, you'll never find it.

• Options

Thank you, everyone!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file