Options

Last Day in Lucerne and Mount Pilatus?

We are wondering if on the last day of the tour in Lucerne if anyone has skipped the guided walking tour in the morning and gone to Mount Pilatus instead? Would you advise staying in town and enjoying the sites? Or if it works to arrange to go to Mount Pilatus on your own that day, without creating a time crunch, would you recommend the golden round trip, the silver round trip or just do it yourself and take the bus or something else? Appreciate any wisdom and experience with this.

Comments

• Options

If you only have one day in Lucerne, my preference would be to remain there and enjoy what the quaint town has to offer, especially if the walking tour includes a visit to the Lion Monument. To fully appreciate the monument, it is best to research its significance beforehand. Be sure to bring some tissues.

Mount Pilatus is certainly nice but does take almost a full day depending on your mode of transportation.

• Options

We did this tour last September. It was our second time in Lucerne so I'd seen most of the town sights like the lion, covered bridge, etc. We arrived from Bern early enough to be able to do our own self guided walking tour of the town. My husband wasn't interested in going to Mt Pilatus but there is time that last full.day. The main difference between the gold and silver is the lake cruise. Since the farewell dinner is that night and includes a lake cruise you might want to go with silver. You can also just go up to the top (kulm) and return the same way or to 2 other lower way points if you want to save time/ money. There is a lot to do and see on Mt Pilatus that it would be worth adding another day to your tour and not have to worry about getting back in time for the dinner.

• Options

The Lion Monument is absolutely a must to see. This is a fabulous trip. My daughter and husband went to Mt Pilatus while I had the luxury of meandering around the cobblestone town to browse. In hindsight, what I wished I had thought of was to sign up for a chocolate making class that some of the nicer chocolate shops offered.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file