Options

Wait List Notification

I joined what I can only assume is a very long wait list for a Christmas Markets River Cruise. I forgot to ask how Tauck notifies a guest that they have reached the top of the list and have a place on the tour. Is it email, phone call, text, carrier pigeon, rock through the window or what?

Thanks for your insight!

Comments

• Options

Typically they will send an e-mail if they have your e-mail address on file.

• Options

Thank you kfnknfzk. Looks like I will need to improve my record of checking emails.

• Options

They called us each time but backed it up with an email.

• Options

I booked an October 2023 river cruise this past January. At the time, there was no hard itinerary or prices. I booked one of the last available class 3 cabins and waitlisted for the top class 5. I was told I was #12 in line for a class 5. I cleared the waitlist last week. My travel agent said I had 48 hours to accept the upgraded cabin which I did at once. So, short story, long…if you have a travel agent they will be contacted. If not, Tauck will contact you directly if you clear the wait list.

• Options

Thanks, AlanS and BSP51. Congratulations to you, BSP51, hope you have a great trip!

• Options

BSP51,

By referencing a "top class 5" cabin, you must be taking the Douro River cruise. Just typing the tour name makes me want to take it again!

• Options
    edited April 2022

Kfnknfzk - I know you were on one of the inaugural trips last year. Very much looking forward to our turn but reining in my excitement as still 18 months off. Might have to reach out to you for some inside info as we get closer.

• Options

BSP51,

I would be happy to answer any questions. I know I probably sound like a broken record, but that trip was simply fabulous, even more so since we had not been able to travel for over two years. I do hope you get to see the vineyards in full fall colors as we did.