Guest Protection - if you're at fault?

There have been several discussions here about Tauck and various country requirements wrt covid. Most of us are tracking them and trying hard to keep up with changes. Some though aren't. (Fyi, I have a good friend traveling to Ireland next month who didn't know she had to have a neg test to get on her flight home.) It got me to wondering how much guest protection coverage you'd have If you got to your U.S. flight departure point ( jfk, atl, etc) and weren't allowed to board because the airline had checked and you didn't have the requirements met.

I kind of doubt any of us know the answer for sure but it's an interesting thought.

Comments

• Hi Claudia. I just returned from the London and Seine River cruise. I did purchase the travel insurance through Tauck. I knew we had to test negative before returning. Tauck had a Covid test available for all passengers for $35 the last day of the cruise. I tested positive! I have had 2 vaccines and 2 boosters, one just before the trip. I had no symptoms. I was asked to isolate in the cabin and the next day upon leaving, the Tauck rep set me up with a hotel in Paris. It was supposed to have room service, it did not. Another lady who also tested positive was at same hotel. We made the best, found a great market where we could walk to and get food. We had to test again after 5 days, we both were still testing positive. Had to isolate 2 more days and see a local doctor to have him sign a CDC form saying we were good to travel. That all worked out and we got an extra week in Paris. Not a hardship. Not sure what Ireland's rules are, but France was going by the US rules. Hope this helps. Tauck said I will be reimbursed for costs to stay additonal week.

• Charlene I appreciate your post though it doesn't actually answer my original question. However, it's very good information that you might want to post on a different or new thread for your tour (Seine cruise plus Paris and London). Did the personnel at the hotel or anyone else help you figure out what you needed to do?

We were on a land tour last year with Tauck that ended in Paris and I had researched what French rules were for testing positive. They seemed fairly flexible - socially distance, wear a mask, etc. I also had found a hotel chain recommended by someone on Rick Steve's forum - Citidine serviced hotel/apts. Much cheaper than any Tauck hotel and they were apts and studios with kitchenettes. I figured if one or both of us were positive we could stay there, be able to get groceries and take walks in Paris. As you say, not bad to have extra time in Paris. Unless I cancel our next tour will be on the Douro cruise this fall ending in Spain which currently has similar quarantine policies. I'm more worried this year as we have a new puppy and would have to arrange care for him.