On May 4 I returned from my first Tauck river cruise from Amsterdam to Basel on MS Grace. It was also my first solo trip, and I admit I was a bit apprehensive. I didn't need to be - The trip exceeded my expectations. I met so many wonderful people, and I may travel again with some of the other solos I met on the tour! I wish I could attach the video of the first evening's entertainment - beautiful violin and guitar trio.
Since people are asking questions about the services, this is what I experienced: Breakfast and lunch were buffet and the dinner was menu-order. Our chef prepared some amazing dishes with regional options also available. Arthurs was closed, but nobody really seemed to mind. We used the space to play cards, a quiet place to read or work a puzzle. It had self-serve coffee, tea, and cookies, and you could grab an early pastry in the morning.
The weather was perfect, so we took full advantage of the sun deck. Staff was helpful and friendly. We had room cleaning and turn down service. The Tauck directors were so happy to be touring again, and they brought a lot to the experience. I am also happy to be traveling again!!
I'm happy to answer specific questions is anybody asks.