I am at the end of my Spirit of the Desert tour & it has been very dispirited. I feel like I was sold a bait & switch tour. I’ve done many tours with Tauck & have had very good experiences, but this tour is definitely not up to Tauck standards. You rarely stay at lodging within the National Parks, as advertised. Instead, you’re lodged at a Hilton with a view of the parking lot & construction & a very very long hike to your room, as well as food from their restaurant for several days, which is ranked 35/66 restaurants in Moab. Our Tour Director kept giving the group names of alternate dining, but what’s the point if you’ve already paid for it ahead of time? There are no cowboy bbq’s or special meals, as advertised, unless you consider a cold breakfast burrito acceptable or sitting on hard uneven stones with your paper plate in your lap a special meal(I have done many Tauck tours with spectacular special meals…this is not it.) We had several members in our group get sick during the trip, presumably due to altitude sickness. One member had to be flown to an outlying city & undergo an emergency stent placement. During some of these crisis, Tauck has been almost impossible to contact. What is going on with their customer service?
Overall, the tour was a huge disappointment. Beautiful scenery, but not so great accommodations & food & terrible communication with Tauck. 