Options

Who’s been to Sicily with Tauck?

I’d love to get some reviews and impressions from anyone who has been on this trip. I’m booked for May of next year and beginning to do research for my free time. Thanks!

Comments

• Options

We are going to Sicily in April next year but not with Tauck. I could post some general impressions if you like I’ll try to keep up with my daily diary but I don’t think we have much free time.

• Options

Thank you!

• Options
    edited June 2022

We went to Sicily as part of a more extensive Tauck trip. I blog our trips and you can see the Sicily part starting here.

Everyone is different and has their own likes and dislikes, but I was not impressed with Sicily.

• Options

We were in Sicily 2018. It was part of Tauck's Rome, Amalfi Coast, Sicily and Malta tour. We did like Sicily and will be returning in 2023 as part of Tauck's Mediterranean Isles tour. I also blog our trips - you can find the first entry for Sicily at this site: https://sharingtravelmemories.com/segesta-and-erice/

• Options

Thanks CVC! Your blog is beautiful..

• Options

Sicilian Odyssey in May was FANTASTIC!! Sicily is rich in history, with beautiful geography, gorgeous water and good food. We had good weather and our TD, Melisa was OUTSTANDING!! We chose a small group trip and had only 12 ~ all of whom were great to travel with. This was our 9th trip with Tauck 3rd or 4th time in Italy. You will love Sicily!

• Options

Thanks Onamission. I’m using my gift of travel prior to the trip starting. Was there anything in particular you did with your free time that I should look into?

• Options
    edited June 2023

Sicilian almonds, especially within the Siracusa region, are delicious and are found in desserts of all kinds. I'm not a sweet eater but the almond biscuits are divine. Not as good as marcona (Spanish) almonds but a close second in my opinion.

Enjoy the cuisine!

• Options

franlovestravel: My wife and I just recently booked a Sicilian Odyssey trip for May 2023. The 18th I believe. Maybe we will see u.

• Options

I’m on the May 5th trip. May should be a great month to enjoy Sicily! Sorry I’ll miss you!

• Options

If u have time to post any reviews that would be great. Yes, May is normally a great time for the Med.

• Options

wildcat03, how was your tour?

• Options

We were in Sicily this past October on the Treasures of the Mediterranean Isle trip. We enjoyed it very much as my husbands father immigrated from Palermo to the US. We visited Palermo, Taormina and Siracusa. Taormina was absolutely beautiful, Siracusa Roman and Greek ruins which were very interesting. Palermo seemed a little bit "tired" and not so pretty.

• Options
    edited June 2023

Palermo was absolutely wonderful when we were there just over a month ago, so much to see. We stayed in the heart of the city. There is a castle, a fantastic opera house, a palace, great market, history, history, history.
    Here is just one of the days we had

We did a huge amount of walking today around Palermo.
    The Piazza Verde, capo, Piazza St. Domenico, Quattro Canti, Piazza Pretoria, Piazza Bellini, Capella Palatina Ballard, the Cathedral and the Royal palace.
    We ate lunch of a sort of Sicilian pasta and meat sauce or Ragu, followed by sliced Eggplant wrapped over sweet potatoes and cheese and then cannolis.

• Options

GM, our trip was great. The first 3 days were cloudy. Etna let off some steam on the first day but did not affect us as we were in Siricussa. Visits to two Baron's homes were exceptional. Both had some wonderful artifacts. Our TD, Suzy was great as was our driver Johnny. Our trip to Etna was was worth the bouncing on the roads. Taormina was beautiful. My wife and I really enjoyed the trip even with all the walking and steps. We are in our mid 70's but active.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file