Options

Hopewell Rocks

Going on Canadian Maritimes trip in a few weeks. Would like to know how the day is spent at Hopewell Rocks. Will we be there for both high and low tides. If yes, what do we do in-between.

Comments

• Options

I responded to this in the post you made under my trip review.

• Options

Should we exchange US$ for Canadian?

• Options

If you use a credit card for most things, the credit card company does the conversion for you. Look at a currency converter on your phone and download one. The US dollar goes a long way in Canada. If you see something you like, buy it. I plan on using my credit card when I can and my cash for Canada won’t amount to much.

• Options

John C Neill,

I always carry a small amount of local currency for incidentals. I have two credit cards specifically for travel, both of which do not charge foreign transaction fees and have some added rewards. Enjoy your trip.

• Options

We are not taking Canadian dollars for our time Canada.

• Options

We are going in September. Any things to look out for or do in Halifax as we are arriving the day before and staying overnight after the tour ends.

• Options

I am on this tour at the current moment. This is a fun tour and the local guides are wonderful. Our tour director is Sydney snd she is charming and delightful and vibrant. You may also have her as your your director. I didn’t plan on anything in particular to do the day ahead of our arrival because a couple of instances threw a curve ball into our day. Our flight was delayed and then our luggage was returned to us at the hotel after 48 hours. Pack wisely with extra clothes and undies in your carryon or tote bag. We spent part of the day purchasing new clothes that will hopefully be covered by the Tauck insurance. If you want a great restaurant on the waterfront, make a reservation to sit outside at The Bicycle Thief. We lunched there twice on our own and absolutely enjoyed it. It is a really interesting tour. You’ll have a great time.

• Options

Having done all of the other Canadian tours, this one is also on our list. Please keep posting your experiences and thank you for the restaurant suggestion.

• Options

Jerry, don't know your sched, but can recommend big rambling weekend market, now both Sat & Sun, 250+ vendors, much more than just NS berries and maple syrup, also live music (folk when I was there), crafts, great local scene. And for small purchases and small businesses, Canadian dollars often appreciated.

• Options

We are going September 20. Thank you all for the information. Looking forward to the trip.

• Options
    edited July 2022

If you have time in Halifax go and check out Pier 21` which is a museum dedicated to the immigrants who once arrived here by ship. See the few and poor possessions they brought with them and how they carried them. NO roller cases!!!. There is also a cutout of one of the immigrant trains they took to make their way west and you can sit in it and watch Canada go by through the windows.!

https://pier21.ca/

• Options

Pier 21 is part of the tour and it is very interesting. One can compare it to landing at Ellis Island as an immigrant.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file