Options

FFP2 Masks in Italy

It appears that FFP2 masks are required on public transportation in Italy and apparently on charter busses, as well. We have N95 masks which I presume will get us by to start. FOR SOMEONE WHO"S TRAVELED TO ITALY WITH TAUCK RECENTLY: Did you have to wear FFP2 masks on the Tauck bus? If so, did Tauck provide them? Did you have to buy some on your own in Italy? Thanks!

Comments

• Options

We were in Italy in May on the Best of Italy Small Groups.

All the pharmacies in Italy will stock the FFP2 masks. They were a bit over €1 each and I thought they were a bit expensive. Both my wife and I found them to be more comfortable and easier to breathe in than the N95. We bought several and still have a few.

At the beginning of the tour the TD said we should all wear masks on the bus. She didn’t specify FFP2 masks however. Everyone started wearing masks at the beginning but that soon dwindled down to just a couple of people who wore masks all the time.

On our train ride from Cinque Terre and the train from Florence to Venice we were required to wear masks, but nobody enforced the FFP2 masks.

• Options

Thanks, John. Very helpful.

• Options

Ken - my daughters is currently travelling in Italy, but NOT with Tauck. She was last on a train on Saturday. She confirmed masks are required on public transportation, but there is no scrutiny as to their certification. She's wearing a 3M N95.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file