Options

Rhine Enchantment Southbound First Impressions

Currently on day 3 of our Rhine Enchantment cruise now docked in Düsseldorf Germany. I thought I would give a few first impressions.

Our flights to AMS via SFO were uneventful with everything on time and all luggage arrived and was even among the first off the conveyer in AMS. Our driver was waiting and got us to the Sofitel Legend The Grand hotel at about 11:30 AM. We checked in and our room was ready. (A first for us). The Hotel is quite nice.

So far our impressions of the cruise:
Food - Excellent
Cabin - Excellent. We opted for a cat 7 room and I am glad we did. There is more than ample space and to room is big enough to relax without feeling crowded.
Staff - Excellent. This is the last cruise of the season and we thought the staff may seem tired of it all. Not the case.
Passengers - There are currently 83 Tauck guests on this cruise.
Weather - So far very good. Currently 75 degrees Düsseldorf.
Masking - Almost non existent. We will see how this pans out over the course to the cruise.

We will post a proper review of the cruise upon our return after I do some post processing of the photos and get all out my thoughts together.

Comments

• Options

Addendum to my post above. WiFi on the ship is very slow and I could not edit the above for a couple of typos and hitting the wrong insert button for a picture of the ship. Using an iPad does not compare to my super charged computer and high speed internet at home.

• Options

JohnS - Other than a less than lightning fast internet it sounds like your trip so far has been all Aces. Continued good luck with all aspects of the cruise and safe travels home.

I think you were due all Aces. If I recall didn't you get Covid snake-bit on a previous tour?

• Options

Smiling Sam - Yes I did get bitten by that nasty Covid snake a couple of months ago. I am hoping my immunity lasts longer than the 8 weeks since I was bitten.

• Options

Thank you for the report thus far. We are planning to take this cruise in May of 2024 and are most interested in tips from experienced river cruise travelers.

Enjoy your trip!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file