Options

Docking in Lyon

Does anyone know the specific area where the boat will dock for disembarkment. Staying of for a few days and trying to get the "lay of the land" for accommodations and transit.

Comments

• Options

It's been 8 years so things could have changed but we docked on the left bank of the Rhone not too far from where the Rhone and Saone rivers meet. Maybe a mile or less upriver from the confluence. Maybe someone who's taken this cruise more recently can confirm this. We embarked the ship and disembarked at the same spot.

• Options

I believe we were in the same area. Best view was a big open asphalt lot.

• Options

They typically they will dock just south the Pont de L'Universite' (bridge) on the east side of the river

• Options

Fyi for those of you - who like me didn't know this til my first tour to Paris - the left bank of a river is the bank on your left as you go down river.

• Options

We just took this trip in May, Claudia is correct….board and disembark in the same spot in Lyon.

• Options

French Escapade October 2022 and Taste of France September 2019 the Swiss Emerald docked, as Ben said, just south of the Port de l'Université along the Quai Claude Bernard

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file