Looking for lunch/dinner recommendations for June 2023

We will be doing the June 2023 tour. we were intereted in people who have done this tour before or have been in these cities and have recommendations about where to eat.

Lunch in Arezzo on Wednesday, June 7
Dinner in Gubbio on Thursday, June 8
Dinner in Perugia on Friday, June 9
Lunch in Perugia on Saturday, June 10
Lunch in Spoleto, Sunday June 11

Comments

• We went on this tour last year and it is a really nice, low key tour where you feel like you are really getting off the beaten path (except Assisi! Very crowded). The included meals are very good and you may find, like we did, that you just don't really need much in the way of dinner on the free-dinner nights. Arezzo and Spoleto were brief stops for touring and not overnight stays, so there wasn't a lot of time to eat. We did eat a meal at La Taverna in Perugia and my notes indicate "good but not great". I guess my message is don't stress, you will be well-fed and really enjoy this tour. It is delightful.

• TamaraRS, I also took this trip last fall. Unfortunately I don't remember the names of the places where we dined for the nonTauck meals. The Tauck Director as well as the local guides will offer suggestions. These are smallish sized towns and the restaurants are within walking distance. Enjoy the trip!

• Hands down - Taverna del Lupo in Gubbio. Also - the Park hotel ai Cappucini has a wonderful restaurant in Gubbio.

• I see that you have come and gone. Hope it was a great trip! If there are others who would like a restaurant recommendation in Perugia please consider Il Giurista. We were in Perugia this past May on our own and loved this restaurant so much that we ate there twice, i agree with Wan - La Taverna was ok but not great. We found it disappointing.

• Agree to disagree. My family is from near Gubbio. Taverna del Lupo is fabulous. Maybe some people are never happy.🤷‍♀️Classic Umbrian food.

• Sorry, MotherofPoodles, I thought Wan was referring to La Taverna in Perugia, not in Gubbio. My comment was about the Perugia restaurant. I had already noted down your recommendation of Taverna del Lupo in Gubbio as I think we're going to take this tour next year and thought we would eat at your recommended Gubbio restaurant.

• Yes, I was referring to La Taverna in Perugia. By the way, as I said we did go on the tour last year, and I'm sure a lot of restaurants were still trying to get back on their feet.

• edited July 2023

I feel better. 🙂 The food at The Park hotel Ai Cappucini is also wonderful. Hard to find bad food in that part of the world. Also - I don’t know if it is on the Tauck tour, but there is an open air funiculare that takes you to the top of the mountain, from the town centro, where the Basilica of Sant’Ubaldo is located. It is a fascinating place which houses the body of it,s patron saint from the 12th century preserved in a glass coffin. It also has the “Ceri” for the annual Saint Ubaldo day races “ La Corsa die Ceri”. These are 3 - 900 pound wooden statues of saints that are carried through the town during the feast day festivities. You have a free afternoon in Gubbio when you can do this. It is a real highlight. If you want ceramics that are completely unique, the workshop of “Buccheri Antonio Rossi” is right in the town center. The ceramics are beautiful and made on site. Have fun on your visit to “ The Green Heart of Italy”.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file