Best time to depart at the end of tour out of BKK?

This is our first Tauck tour. Our possible airline departure times leaving BKK at the end of the tour are around midnight. We have a choice of departing at 11PM or 1AM.

My question is, do most people leave at 1AM on the last day or do they stay the extra day at the end of the tour and catch the 11PM flight?

There is a chance I might need to get back to work earlier than expected and I am contemplating leaving at 11PM on the day prior to the last day of the tour. Will I still get a airport transfer included?

I hope all this makes sense.

Comments

• EagleEye

You may have some additional choices. Typically the last day's agenda is something like, "Leave for home anytime. Allow 3 hours for flight check-ins". Also the day prior to this last day there is typically a farewell dinner or reception as the last event of the tour. So, if you choose, I believe you could fly home anytime after the farewell dinner/reception and still not miss any of the activities.

This means you could fly home at 11 PM the night of the farewell activity, but you might be rushed. You could easily make the 1 AM departure. Or if you desired to have a partial additional day in Bangkok you could choose the 11 PM flight on the day that is "Fly home anytime". Of course you'd have to check out of the hotel by normal checkout time. The hotel could store your bags until it is time for you to be shuttled to the airport. This would give you most of an additional day in Bangkok to explore on your own.

When I did this tour, if I recall, I opted for an early morning flight, like your 1 AM flight option.

• Tauck will transport you to the airport whether you leave after the Farewell Dinner or the next day (and even a few days later, if you want to extend your stay). I recently flew back to the States from Amman. Instead of taking a midnight-ish flight the night of the Farewell Dinner (which many people did), I took it the next night to give me an extra day in Amman. I chose to book the hotel room for an extra day, even though I wasn't staying overnight on my departure day, so I could relax and nap in the afternoon.

• Our trip was in March 2020.Some had early departures and left soon after farewell dinner.Our flight was about 5 or 6 AM;we did get some sleep!

• Thank you all for your comments. We can leave at 11:15PM after the farewell dinner or 1AM connecting in Seoul to the same flight home. Thinking about taking the 11:15 PM so we more of a 3 hour 40 min layover in Seoul (ICN), but don't want to short change the farewell dinner.

The 1AM flight gives us a 1 hour 50 min layover Seoul (ICN). Is that enough time for connect?

• Keep in mind that Tauck plans to get you to the airport about 3 hours before your departure so if you have an 11:15 PM flight, you likely would be leaving the hotel somewhere about 7 PM (if the travel time to the airport is 1hr 15min). This would likely mean you would have to leave the farewell reception/dinner a bit before it was over.

It's doable, it's just what your preference is.

• We are fairly fit and mobile but don’t like running through airports.One hour and fifty minutes may be ok if everything falls in place;you have no room for any delays etc.The longer connection time will let you rest a bit before you board again.ICN is such a nice airport ; the extra time will go by quickly!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file