Options

Heights

I am interested in going on a Tauck tour in Switzerland but have a real fear of heights. I am fine in an enclosed area but don’t go up or down steps that have no railings. Will I be okay in Switzerland? I really want to go.

Comments

• Options

The only spot that might be problematic for you was after our bus had climbed up a steep set of switchbacks getting to St Moritz and it pull into a parking lot at the top so we could have a photo op. Just stay away from the edge. There were a couple of view decks in Interlaken that had railings. I think you'd be fine.

• Options

A few years ago we were on the Alps Dolomites tour. One lady was afraid of heights but did all the activities without major issues. The one spot that was the most scarry for her was the gondola ride up to Mt Titlis. She found a seat in the middle of the rotating gondola and several of us stood in front of her to block the view a bit. She was fine.

• Options

Sometimes, heights can trigger vertigo. If that is the case for you, I would avoid the section within Jungfraujoch's building where you walk through an area with rotating movie screens. The constant screen movement caused my brain to think I was spinning precariously close to a precipice. I became extremely dizzy and nauseous, but the discomfort abated once I was through the tunnel.

Go and enjoy Switzerland; its beauty is breathtaking.

• Options

You most likely will not want to venture onto the glacier at Jungfraujoch, but you can stay on the side. There is a terrific gondola that we took, one of the fastest in the world. You would just st in the middle or, you could opt to take the train back.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file