Options

Fly Fishing on the two week Best of Ireland Small Group

Not going till May 22, but I was curious if any of you that have taken the trip, were aware if any of the hotels offered fly fishing as an activity? Alternatively, was it available anywhere on the trip?

Comments

• Options

I was on this trip last month. Fly fishing was not offered to the group as an activity, but perhaps you could book it through one of the hotel concierges.

• Options

One of the resorts offered fishing - Mount Juliet I think - but I'm not sure if was fly fishing. You might check the website for any of the country resort hotels you'll stay at and see if it's listed in the activities.

• Options

Thank you for the prompt response.

• Options

My small group tour didn't stay at Mount Juliet.

• Options

MCD, you're probably right that Howard may not be staying at that resort. Ours was a small group in a weird year where Tauck still had some small groups listed with the classic tour and it's hotels. But I think several of the stays are in resorts out in the countryside with different activities offered.

• Options

At the Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa (outside of Kilkenny), we were offered the choice of falconry, archery, or spa services. Most people chose falconry, and several thought it was the best part of the tour. I chose to stay in town for the afternoon and took a cab back to the hotel -- and I'm glad I did.

• Options

Our trip does stop at the Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa. I will contact the hotel; thanks again for the help.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file