Options

Clothing

Have been reading clothing suggestions-how important are the colors of shirts etc? We have appropriate material for shirts, but many are white, blue, or colored. Brochure recommends earth tones-is this really important? Don't want to attract predators or parasites.

Comments

• Options
    We just got back, and if I ever pack for this trip again I would not be concerned about colors. Much. There's one location where they hang dark blue and black insecticide-soaked banners, because those colors attract the tsetse flies. I suppose if the flies were bad (they weren't when I was there), I might avoid those colors at that one location.

Any predators will be seen from the safety of the vehicles. The predators we saw were pretty much indifferent to the vehicles, the people (whatever their garb), and the constant whir and click of cameras.

The temperature got surprisingly chilly. I read that several times and brought what I thought were sufficient layers. If I went back, I'd bring a fleece jacket or sweater and fewer sleeveless tops.

• Options
    Thanks. That's all so helpful. You answered all the things I was wondering about.
This discussion has been closed.