Options

Detroit

Thank you Tauck and Karin Risko for highlighting Detroit today in the Inside Tauck webinar. Having been born and raised in the city, I enjoyed the in-depth tour that was presented, and even learned new information. I hope everyone has a chance to visit and experience Detroit at some point in your travels. Safe travels to everyone!

Comments

• Options

We have friends in Michigan and visited Detroit 3 times. I saw the presentation today and loved that so many great things were happening! Our favorite place, and I agree with Karin that it is not to be missed, is the Motown Museum. Also the Detroit Institute of Art is indeed excellent. Too bad she did not have time to discuss the Ford museum and adjacent Greenfield Village in Dearborn. That museum has iconic vehicles such as the limo in which JFK was shot, the Rosa Parks bus, the original Oscar Meyer Weinermobile and Greenfield is acre after acre of original structures such as a courthouse where the young Abe LIncoln worked, the Original Heinz 57 house, and the Wright Brothers bicycle shop. The Middle-Eastern food scene in the Detroit/Dearborn area is the best in the country.