Options

Prague to Budapest 8/23

We’re from St. Charles, Mo. and arrive on August 23 in Prague (Prague to Budapest Blue Danube Tour). This is our first River Cruise, first time to Europe and first trip with Tauck. Heard great things about it. So if you see a couple wondering aimlessly, please nudge us in the right direction. Glad to hear from anyone on this trip.
Gene / MaDonna

Comments

• Options
    We have been checking the weather and it seems much of the time currently it is raining and cool. Anyone have any knowledge of what the weather should be like in late August on the Danube?
    Gene / MaDonna
  • Options
    sorry can not help but we will be on the 9/6 trip .may be same weather pattern
  • Options
    I did the Amsterdam to Bucharest trip a few years ago. I planed for late summer/early autumn weather and figured I'd be following the sun from north to south along the way. My departure date was mid September from Amsterdam. Hmm... my trip coincided with the onset of an early winter that year. On the Danube it was decidedly cooler than on the Rhine. I'd suggest that you take things you can layer ... with some long-sleeved tops, and something on top that will break the wind and work as a raincoat, too. Having said that, you will probably have perfect weather! And to be fair, the weather was really quite lovely up till we left Hungry. Stick with the layer principle!

Cheers,

Jan
  • Options
    We will also be on the 8/23 Prague to Budapest trip. We are arriving in Prague on 8/21 in order to have a few extra days there. I have been checking the weather and right now it is quite warm in all the places we will be traveling- in the 80's mostly, but as high as 90 in Budapest. That is right now! No telling what the weather will be like in a couple of weeks. I think the best thing is to check closer to when you will be leaving, but also have clothing that can adapt to any weather. See you in Prague! Jandy & Jack
  • Options
    Hi Jandy and Jack
    We are getting to Prague on the 21st and have arranged a private tour for the 22nd and 23rd. Just 2 of us, any interest? You can write or call 860 833 3321. Thanks
    Marty
This discussion has been closed.