Options

Luggage on Final Morning

We are taking the Christmas Market Danube tour which ends in Nuremberg. After the tour ends (Day 8) we would like to visit Nuremberg (more of the Christmas market and the area) in the morning before taking a train to Munich in the afternoon. Will the ship hold our luggage until we are ready to leave for the train station and is there a particular time this has to be done by? This is our first cruise and are not familiar with the transfer logistics to the train station from the ship.

Comments

• Options

The Nuremberg train station has lockers and the sizes can be found when you google Nuremberg train station lockers. If Tauck offers to take you to the train station, that would be great. Also, call Tauck and inquire what time the transfers begin. This is a fantastic cruise and a great introduction to German and Austrian Christmas traditions.

• Options

Thank you wanderingstar. Tauck does offer transportation to the train station but would hate to lose valuable time going back and forth. Have never stored luggage in a train station or airport and in all our years of traveling always wandered why others did that? Now I understand! I would trust Tauck more with our luggage than storing it at a station and worried about how secure that train storage option is?

Not familar with the protocol for disembarking on this particular tour but it would be ideal if we could spend some time at the market in the morning and meet up with Tauck and our bags later in the afternoon. I will reach out to Tauck for clarification and curious what others on the forum have done. There was another post by the moores asking a similar question on the French Escapade tour and we too will have carry on bags with C-pap machine. We always travel with Apple Air Tags in all of our luggage so it’s nice knowing where it is at all times. We have 5 days in Munich after our Tauck cruise and it would be very inconvenient if any of the luggage goes missing.

• Options
    edited April 17

The reason Tauck kicks everyone off the boats in the morning, is so they can scramble to clean cabins, etc. and are ready for the next departure which will board later that day. On the front end they will often allow you to drop bags before officially boarding so you can roam around town, but I don't believe it ever happens on departure.

• Options
    edited April 17

I highly doubt it. They have a protocol for getting everyone off so they can prep for the next load of passengers. Plus- the dock is pretty far from the old town of Nuremberg where the market is and it would be hard to get back there to get your bags

Can you stay a night in Nuremberg? Hotel Victoria is right across the street from the train station and so close to the markets - we stay there every other year after our market cruises

I personally would add a day to Nuremberg and take one away from Munich!

If not- a locker at the train station is your best bet.
    It's not a far walk to the market from there

The dock where the boat will be is too far away