Options

Restaurant recommendations

Coming in on 4/30 for the 5/3 tour. Looking for dining recommendations on Wednesday and Thursday night. Anyone coming in early? We are from the Phoenix area. Sheri. Boress@me.com

Comments

• Options

Sheri, this is a great tour. When took it the concierge at the Cape Grace recommended Baia for dinner. Although Baia is located on the top floor of a shopping mall at the Victoria and Albert Waterfront, it has sweeping views of Table Mountain and Lion’s Head. It also serves a delicious fish called Kingklip. Have a wonderful time in one of my favorite cities in the world!

• Options

It’s years since we took this tour. We had one dinner at the Cape Grace. I chose the vegan tasting menu and it was fantastic. My husband had the regular tasting. I’m not a vegan or vegetarian.
    Lots of restaurants at the Victorian and ALFRED waterfront, yes that is the correct name. I told Tauck they have it wrong on their website but no idea if it has ever been corrected.

• Options

Second Vote for Baia in the Victoria & Albert Mall, a short walk from both Cape Grace and the One and Only. But try and book ahead. It was busy when we went ( Sept 2022). Other advantage was that was very reasonable priced compared to USA. I checked my CCD receipt. $82 for dinner for two with wine (2022 pricing)

• Options

Victoria and ALFRED waterfront; I stand corrected. Thank you, British. You have a keen eye.

• Options

This is the history of the name

Victoria and Alfred Waterfront?
    The waterfront is named after Prince Alfred, who began construction on the harbour in 1860, and his mother Queen Victoria. The V&A Waterfront encompasses 22 landmarks, including the Chavonnes Battery Museum, which dates back to 1725 and is the harbour's oldest heritage site

• Options

Check out Pomo Pizzeria Napoletana for some authentic Neapolitan pizza, or maybe try Steak 44 for a more upscale steakhouse experience. Thursday, if you're into Mexican, Barrio Cafe is a local favorite, or you could hit up The Mission for some delicious Latin-inspired cuisine.

• Options

Thanks all We already have a reservation at Baia for Wednesday.

• Options

For seafood lovers, check out the CodFather restaurant in Camps Bay. Loved by locals and internationals. I have eaten there 3 times and met people from all over the world. It is NOT fine dining but the fresh food and sushi trumps the elite fine dining.