Teeny Tiny Duffel for Namibia

13»

Comments

• Thanks Sandy, your descriptions almost make me cry, I’m so excited. Africa is so magical.

• That’s a great app, we have used it a lot especially in Africa
    Lovely photos.

• OMG Celestial! Magical! Awe inspiring!

• For those who arrived a day early into Windhoek, are there any markets or interesting shops within walking distance of the Weinberg? And is it safe to walk around? I usually buy unusual non perishable items in grocery stores and will look for some souvenirs like a Herrero doll-such interesting and sad history of those indigenous people. Hope to put everything in my large suitcase that Tauck will babysit.

• There is a crafts center. Windhoek is a pretty deserted town. Be careful! Not actually much to see apart from the Genocide/history museum, church you can’t go in and Parliamentary building you can’t go in. All near each other.

• Jill, we booked with Tours by Locals for a half day look
    see at Windhoek and its environs. Unfortunately, when United Airlines canceled our flight we lost that opportunity and were lucky to make it to the Weinberg by 6:30 PM the evening before our tour began. I would have enjoyed visiting the women's co-operative in Windhoek. A couple I know who were on the tour ahead of us took an art tour thst looked interesting. I think the Weinberg concierge could help you. As it turned out, Tauck's gift of time saved us from the airline hiccup. Our terrific TD sent us a Windhoek room service menu because we were missing the Welcome Dinner. We ordered through her, and our meal came with a delicious bottle of South African pinotage which we enjoyed on our balcony overlooking the lovely Weinberg garden fountains. Have a fantastic trip! Oh, I did end up buying a wooden doll carved and decorated by the Himba women we visited near Ongava.

• Thank you again SandyFeet! I will ask the concierge for advice. I arrive at the airport after 8 so will just eat at the Weinberg. Have the entire day free before the welcome event. Glad you got a South African Pilotage! It is a fabulous wine!