Options

England Scotland Wales - London

My question is, while at Westminster Abbey, will the tour guide take us to the place where you get a first rate viewing of the changing of the guard. Tauck has been known to add something special to tours.

Comments

• Options

We did this tour several years ago but no there was not changing of the guards. It was a tour of the interior of the abbey. Do you mean Buckingham Palace?

• Options

My question is because I was reading that with a good guide at Westminster, they show where the big weddings are held and would then take you to a first rate viewing of the changing of the guard at Buckingham palace within the Abbey. Just wondering.

• Options

With Tauck many things are possible. One reason it might not happen on your tour is that they don't have the ceremony every day of the week. I believe its M, W, F and Sun. The changing-guard.com website gives more details.

• Options

Thanks Claudia. We are there on a Thursday

• Options

Excuse my skepticism, but I don't think you could see the changing of the guard from Westminster Abbey. It's at least 1/2 mile away as the crow flies and there are tall-ish buildings in the way. Maybe you might get a glimpse from one of the towers, but it would still be a way off. In any case, Tauck wouldn't be having you climb the towers. Also, you'd have to time it just right, which seems unlikely.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file