Options

Switzerland May 30-June 9, 2024

Hi everyone! I am a solo traveler who will be on the Switzerland tour May 30-Jun 9,2024. Is anyone else going on this tour? This is my first time with Tauck and I just received the last minute news that we will not be traveling on the Glacier Express. This was going to be the highlight of my trip, and I am disappointed that last minute they cancelled it. Instead we will be taking a local train. Is anyone else disappointed? Has anyone else taken this tour without the Glacier Express? Tauck says that the local train travels the same route, and the difference is that there is no domed window above. The local train, however, has windows that open instead. Some of the advertised hotels were changed as well. Is this common? Any information you have about this tour and your experience would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options

When I took this tour in May last year, we were not able to use a couple of the primary hotels because they had not yet opened for the summer season, but the change of hotel was printed in the brochure and on line, so I knew of the changes before booking the tour. We did take the Glacier Express, but in my opinion, it wasn't anything special.

• Options

KathyB94107 - I have not taken this tour but a different Tauck itinerary in Switzerland. Sometimes Tauck has to make changes through no fault of their own and they are very transparent about this in both their brochures and website. The few times an itinerary did change, we always found the alternate to be rewarding.

The best advice is to have a positive attitude and embrace the changes if they do occur. I think you will enjoy your first Tauck tour and will probably wish to book many more. Have a wonderful and enriching experience and please consider posting a review afterwards.

• Options
    edited May 23

The Glacier Express was nothing really special. You see some landscape but no glaciers.

You can see the blog of our trip at

https://www.mikeandjudytravel.com/2023-2Switzerland-01.htm

• Options

The 2025 tour pricing, itinerary and hotels has just been finalized. The itinerary has dropped the Glacier Express and changed it to "a rail journey" to Chur. You will see other threads from a few disappointed Tauck travelers as apparently Tauck had trouble securing tickets for the Glacier Express. We are looking forward to this tour next year!

• Options

I was disappointed in the Glacier Express. Was not the most spectacular scenery we saw on the tour.

• Options

We are on this tour starting August 11, 2024. We will be arriving on August 10. Anyone else on this tour?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file