Packing

For people that have gone on this trip before and just using the duffel bag, I would love some thoughts on what to bring? We are going end of August and wondered how cold it is at night for sleeping, also in early morning on first drive out and late afternoon drive….is there much internet connection at the tent camps? Would shorts or capris ever be needed or always long pants? Do they provide blankets for early morning drives? thank you!

Comments

• I can’t imagine they have internet in the mobile camps, what does the info for the trip say? It cools at sundown quite rapidly. I think everyone feels comfortable at different temperatures, so it’s hard to say. We always wear long pants to protect from mosquitoes and sun. Especially important at night.

• Ah, just google d the Songa camp, it has wifi, google the other one and I’m sure you will find out.

• Thanks…I am wondering if I should bring leggings for under my lightweight pants for nighttime….did you bring sandals for when you were back at the camp or is it better to have closed toe shoes? What about socks? Better for have socks that cover the ankles due to mosquitoes?

• STM, everyone know I never wear nightwear even on vacation so I’m the wrong person to ask.
    If you are at a camp rather than a hotel, I think it’s wise to wear socks and closed toe shoes.

• This was our last tour before Covid, so the memories are a few years old. We went at about the same time as you. Mornings and evenings were cool but not cold...probably a light fleece or vest. Daytimes were comfortable without jackets. I would advise against sandals because much of the walking ( and there isn't much) is in dried grass and/or dried (or wet) mud where there is sure to be animal droppings and insects. Closed shoes and socks are probably a better choice. That said, there was one family who always dressed in bernudas and plastic thongs. Hotels of course, have paved walkways and usually air conditioning. Even in the mobile camps we had a duvet cover, carpeted (over dried mud) floors and an attic fan. This was a deluxe glamping experience. You are sure to love this trip.