We are strongly considering doing A Week In Switzerland on May 25th, 2025. After looking into activities, I realized that the Steam Train they feature as their cover photo for this tour isn’t even open when we would go. Called Tauck, and they will have to ask operations department. Might take a bit to get back to us. From what I can tell, instead of going to Brienz you go to a town called Sorenberg about an hour away, and get a cable car up to peak. You come back down the same way, and if you go to Brienz that takes about an hour to get there.
I am frustrated because if I can find out about this, Tauck has to know, and is advertising the steam train, time in Brienz, and a boat ride across the lake back to hotel. I think the experience at the top other than a different restaurant will be close to the same, but the rest of the experience is not as advertised. More driving, no train, and not sure if time in Brienz or lake cruise will be included.
Does anyone have any info about this, or have a similar experience of Tauck advertising experiences that are not available?