Options

Weather

My daughter and I are booked on the May 18th trip for 2013. I noticed that some of the posts came from someone who had been on the May trip this year. I was wondering if you could give me an idea of the weather conditions - how hot was it during the day, how cool at night. I am told that not all of the hotels are air conditioned. Did this present any kind of problem?
Also interested in how the plane rides on small aircraft were since I usually prefer to be on large aircraft and will be facing my fears by trying these.
Thanks so much for any input you can give me.
drm4545@msn.com

Comments

• Options
    The weather was perfect for us in May. Mostly around 75 during the day, cooler at night. You need a hoodie or sweatshirt in the morning, but it will come off mid-morning. It's good to layer so you can take off.

We live in Fla so we are very spoiled with air-conditioning! There was only one place where we could have used it, but we had a large ceiling fan.

2 or 3 hotels were so cool at night that they put hot water bottles in our beds!

The airplanes were not very small. Sometimes they held our entire group of 28, others held half the group. They weren't scary at all, and the flights were very short.

You will have a great trip!
  • Options
    Thanks so much for your information. My husband and I did South Africa this past April, so if this trip is anywhere near as good I know it will be fantastic. Thanks for your response.
This discussion has been closed.