Options

iPad

I'd really like to bring my iPad but am concerned about leaving it in hotels, etc. Is anyone else bringing mobile devices or a laptop? Any feedback regarding this would be appreciated. We are on the August 11 Classic Safari.

Comments

• Options
    We are on the july 28th trip and plan to bring our IPADS. We will only use them when wireless is available at the hotels.
  • Options
    I am on the July 28 trip and am also bringing my iPad. Since the iPad is so lightweight I will most likely just keep it with me in my backpack whenever possible. I've decided not to bring a laptop thinking it will be added weight and inconvenient going through security.
  • Options
    I bought my I-Pad AFTER our safari, and I wish I had bought it earlier. It would have been great to have for the following reasons:

Downloading photos from my cameras each night for an instant slideshow of the day's activities. Also, the new iPad takes amazing photos.

Easier E-mailing and Skypeing home. We used an I-phone with a smaller display.

More games and books to entertain us on the long flights.

Ability to look up things I was interested in when we had wi-fi.

I would have carried it in my backpack when we were not in the hotel.

Please also see my post under the other topic of I-pads where I wrote a lot of information about what types of free and low-cost services to use.

Ilene

This discussion has been closed.