Options

Binoculars

I am going on the 8/15/12 trip. I don’t know much about binoculars but I do have a Zeiss pair of 8 x 30’s. Is this adequate and more importantly, how often would one use binoculars? I’d hate to view the trip only through binoculars and my camera. I have gotten carried away far too often with photo documentation while my wife just enjoys the sights.....I watched the entire Edinburgh Military Tattoo through a video camera!!

Comments

• Options
    Each to their own! It depends how you like to enjoy your travel experiences. If you combine your tastes with your wife's you will probably end up with the best of all worlds!

I don't know much about the technical side, but I've had a pair of 8x21 glasses (I think they might actually be opera glasses) for years and I usually take them travelling. They are light and compact. I didn't have them when I went to Africa. I spent my time seeing things in the distance through my (then) huge but by today's standards, small, telephoto lens. I think a small pair of binoculars between two people would be very useful. As long as you don't fight over them! ;)

And as someone else has said today, a very real part of the travel experience comprises the memories thereof! Whatever workd for you. Enjoy!

Cheers,

Jan
This discussion has been closed.