Options

In-depth tour spots

We are arriving a couple of days early prior to our Westbound Budapest to Prague river cruise. Since we have time to tour and don't want to replicate what Tauck will provide, I wanted to know from either a Tauck Expert or a previous Tauck guest on this cruise if, (as an example), does the day tour in Budapest include an in-depth tour inside the Parliment Building? or other sites mentioned as visiting but perhaps not in-depth. I have read that one can reserve a one hour guided tour in English of the Parliment building via emai request.

Comments

• Options
    We were on the Tauck Bridges tour this past June and we were picked up at the hotel and taken to the Square of Heros (or such) and then wisked across the river to the castle overlooking the Danube. We did not tour anything inside. So if I were you I would go ahead and take the Parliment Tour as well as the Opera House (if available) as well as I noticed the Zoo looked really nice as well as the Circus next to the zoo. The Cathedral is open to a self guided tour and is beautiful inside so take it in. WE LOVED BUDAPEST and we are planning to return as well as Prague.
  • Options
    We are on the Aug 16 Budapest to Prague tour. We arrive in Budapest on the 14th for a few extra days and are taking a tour on the 15th to Lake Balaton and the Herend Factory to see more of Hungrey. also spending 2 extra nights in Prague and taking a tour to the Terezin Concentration Camp. Has anyone heard what the water level is on the Danube? I heard there were some problems in December.
    Mike from Virginia Beach
  • Options
    Mike, we are also on that trip. We leave on 14th so we have an extra day in Budapest. I heard that we get a tour of the Opera House but not the Parliment Building.
  • Options
    anyone going on the prague to budapest cruise on sept6th
This discussion has been closed.