Options

Soap and Shampoo

Hi. We are going to Kenya and Tanzania September 8th. I have noticed that some of the blogs suggest bringing soap and shampoo. Is that not supplied for us? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    We just came back from Tanzania-Kenya Safari (July 11, 2012 tour). ll hotels had soap and shampoo and much more. You do not have to carry them with you. Truthfully, we carried wet wipes and flushables too. Did not use any. ave it away at the end of the tour. Suggest you carry a few wet wipes/flushables for emergencies.
  • Options
    Nice to know the lodges are stocked. Do they include conditioner and body wash and toothpaste?
  • Options
    We are on the Sept 8 trip as well, thanks for the information.
  • Options
    Hi, We just returned from the August 4 tour and had a wonderful time. I wanted to respond to the question about what the hotels provide (since I wish I had known this!). All the hotels supply soap and some kind of shampoo, a few have shower gel and hair conditioner, and none provide toothpaste. I found conditioner a must as the drives were dusty and dry, and really missed it when it was not provided. We also over-packed wipes, toilet paper, insect repellent, sunscreen, and other items, and ended up donating some and bringing the rest home.
This discussion has been closed.