Options

kenya&tanzania tour june 19th 2011

hi,my name is tracey and i will be traveling to africa (TANZANIA & KENYA) ON JUNE 17TH FROM BOSTON.is there anyone else from this area going? i would love to talk with someone before the trip if possible.also if there is someone who has already been, would you share some advice.thank you

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Hi Tracey,
    I was on the safari that you will take in Feb. and it truly was a great experience. The beauty of the land, the warmth of the people, and the sight of seeing beautiful animals untouched by man, made our two weeks in Africa an adventure that will never be forgotten. If you have any questions, please let me know.
    Glenn
  • Options
    How did you find the food? Any issues with mosquitoes?
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    The food ranged from very good to excellent. All breakfasts were buffet style. Lunch and dinners generally had a choice of ordering off the menu or a buffet.
    Concerning what you eat/drink; be careful. Our travel doctor told use not to eat any fresh fruits(unless they are peeled) or vegetables (no salads)because they are washed with water. Also, told us not to drink any juices because they are from concentrate where water is added. All of the lodges said that they use purified water, but we took no chances and had no stomach problems. However, appox. 1/3 of our group developed stomach issues (most lasted only one day). Also, use only bottled water to brush your teeth.
    Very little mosquitoe problems (never saw one).We went in Feb which is the middle of the dry season and the safari is also done high in elevation. Everyone had lots of repellent left, which we all donated to the locals at our last stop.
    If you, or anyone else has any more questions please email me directly at rogfam@optonline.net
  • Options
    Hello, Tracey,

My husband, Bob and I will be traveling from Philadelphia on the 17th of June to join the June 19th Kenya & Tanzania Tour. Will you be arriving a day early into Arusha? If you like, please contact me at geolizmad@aol.com so we can become acquainted before our safari adventure.

Regards,

Georgeanne
This discussion has been closed.